Thursday 31 January 2013

Goodbye, Hello, and More Food

I continue to wait (oh so patiently) for my biopsy results. The weather is matching my mood - cloudy and grey. My body is craving comfort foods. And so I eat.

Coconut Sweet Potato Steel Cut Oats

In a large pot, combine:

4 cups milk
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tblsp dark brown sugar
1 can (398ml) coconut milk
1 cup sweet potato (diced small)

Heat over medium/high heat until steaming. Add 1 cup steel cut oats.

Heat to a boil and then simmer for 30 - 40 minutes until mixture is thick and no longer soupy.

I've been eating these oats all week. I've topped them with coconut and chopped walnuts, dried cranberries and chopped almonds, and just plain banana. So tasty. So filling. So exactly what I need right now.



In other news, I'm saying goodbye over on Style Lush and hello on Snugabell.

What are you up to this dreary Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment