Sunday 28 October 2012

Tried To Stop The Current Changing Of The Leaves

We took a quick holiday up to the mountains. We stayed in a cabin on a lake that looked like glass. We drove until our phones said "no service" and our link to the outside world was severed. We didn't explore on foot because of the cougars in the area but we took the truck up an old logging road and felt like the last people on earth.

We are tiptoeing around each other lately. Trying to figure out who we are as a family and as individuals. It was nice to just be us for a weekend. We ate too much cheese and an obscene amount of chocolate. We read trashy magazines and did not a lick of exercise. It was exactly what we needed.

We're home now. Savouring being in our own bed, in our familiar space, but missing the mountains a little bit.

2 comments:

  1. Nice photos...I love the woods. I am always refreshed when I return. It's the simple things that make you happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I'm a little bit jealous. And those photos are making my soul ache for the wilderness (as I sit here listening to the never ending hum of traffic…) I'm glad you had some time away—everyone needs it, for sure. <3

    ReplyDelete