Monday 5 December 2011

Show Me Your Teeth

When Grady was born, he was given a Sophie the Giraffe toy. I'd seen Sophie while shopping for baby  stuff and I was surprised that someone had spent $25 on a teething toy. I put Sophie on the shelf and forgot about her.

Grady has been a fussy drool machine for a couple of weeks so I decided to see if he was interested in Sophie. You guys. We cannot get Sophie away from him. Sophie goes wherever Grady goes. We're thinking of buying another one just in case something tragic befalls the original (Stella has been plotting Sophie's demise since hearing the first squeak.) 

Saturday morning, 4 months and 1 week after he was born, Grady bit me with his first tooth. A tooth! My little (erm ... 17lb ... not so tiny) baby has a tooth! I'm not ready for this. 

4 comments:

  1. I am not ready for it either! I live in fear of teeth!

    But, I hope you, and your boobs, and Sir are faring okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL of my friends' babies have sophies and seem to loooovvvve them. i guess i know what to get for future baby showers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe that he has TEETH. We need a machine to freeze time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eli has the same Joe onesie and he's wearing it right now!

    We have a Sophie too. It was one of the first things we bought when I was pregnant and I remember complaining about all the other things we could get for $25, but if he likes it like everyone says he will, it'll be well worth it.

    ReplyDelete