Tuesday 8 November 2011

Come To Think Of It I'm The One Who's Letting You Down

The thing about going crazy is that once you're not crazy anymore, or at least not as crazy, you start to realize what a negligent asshole you've been. I have been so disconnected from my world. Well, my world outside of Twitter. Grady's demanding nursing schedule means that I spend a lot of time scrolling through Twitter on my iPhone. But still! Disconnected. 

I mean, some of it is to be expected. You have a baby and your life is turned upside down. You're not expected to reply to emails in a timely manner or remember birthdays in time to mail a card. But there comes a point when life returns to normal (or as normal as it can get) and you realize that everyone and everything kept keepin' on without you and you don't know how to insert yourself back into your own life. 

Life isn't normal. Not yet. But I'm getting there. I'm starting to feel more like myself. I feel like I'm getting my head back. Now I just need to figure out how to get my life back.

Gratuitous baby in teddy bear jacket picture! 

9 comments:

  1. You'll get there. I know you will. And we'll be here rooting for you the whole way.

    (I WANT TO SMOOSH HIM.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i probably had a thoughtful and touching comment originally, but BEAR EARS ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

    (but really! i have complete confidence in your ability to get your life back. you are strong and awesome and it will happen.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're starting to feel more like yourself. Adorable teddy bear you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap your kid is cute. I'm glad you are feeling more "you", because you seem to be a really awesome person and losing that would suck.

    Shannon
    http://www.bungalow960.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i mean, just kill me with the teddy bear jacket. too damn cute.

    and so glad you're starting to get back to yourself. i can't even imagine what a big change everything has been. so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It took me a good 6 months to feel like my life was back to normal again. Give yourself time. And I promise, these sleep-deprived nights will be replaced sooner than you think. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking time and responding to the signs your body is sending you can only help in the long run, right?
    (That probably means dressing Grady in ears a lot more often, if that picture is any indication of his adorableness in real life...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it took me close to a year to feel like I had some kind of grip that approached normalcy. The people who count will understand. Hugs to you, hunny bunny.

    ReplyDelete