Wednesday 11 May 2011

It's A Random Chance Selection

I went to bed at 9:30 last night and slept until 7:00 this morning. It was delicious. I could have slept longer but a fuckhole demolition crew started tearing down the building across the alley from ours at 7-o-clock on the dot (the earliest a construction crew is allowed to make noise. I checked.) The problem with going to bed so early is that I ended up having to pee three times during the night (there was this blissful 2 months of my pregnancy - starting around 16 weeks - where I actually managed to sleep through the night without peeing. I miss that time.) And I woke up around 5:00 because my stomach was grumbling. I eat all the time now. It's getting a bit out of hand. I ate an entire fresh pineapple a few nights ago. My mouth bled but I kept eating until it was finished. (Does fresh pineapple make anyone else's mouth bleed? I really hope the bleeding doesn't mean I'm allergic. I love fresh pineapple.)

* * * * *
The Canucks have made it through the first two rounds of playoffs. I was 11 years old the last time they made it this far in the playoffs. I am feeling very clenchy about the Canucks right now. I love them to bits but I've been a fan long enough to know that things can go very wrong very quickly. It's why I haven't vetoed Stan as a potential name for Willie (yet.) The superstitious hockey fan in me won't let me.

* * * * *
Turtle leaves for Europe next week and I'm trying very hard not to pout. It is not working.

* * * * *
Our moving date is just two and a half weeks away and I'm starting to panic. I know that everything will get done (because it has to be done) but I can't see it happening. We are so behind and my big plan of purging before packing is looking like it's not going to happen. We've managed to accumulate so much junk in the three and a half years we've been in our current condo. I hate the thought of packing it up and bringing it to our new home.

* * * * *
Happy Wednesday, all! I hope you're getting sunshine (and not dreary rain like we've got in Vancouver.)

10 comments:

  1. Never heard of fresh pineapple making someone's mouth bleed, but it is fairly acidic. Thankfully that doesn't happen to me as I LOVE fresh pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a stress-free move, lady.

    GO CANUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh pineapple totally makes my mouth numb kinda like when you get one of those shots at the dentist. I still eat it, but I don't love it enough to eat a whole one. I do think I'm mildly allergic though (and to mangoes, they do the same thing!)

    Also, SO nervy about the Canucks. Really. eeeek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the middle of a terrible terrible drought. We mostly get sunshine every day. I know that sounds awesome but it's ... bad for people that need water. :-)

    You are such an intense hockey fan. I don't think I know anyone as enthusiastic about any sport as you are about hockey. It's pretty funny to see your tweets - that's how I know it's still hockey season. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are planning to leaving our apartment when the lease is up (6.5 months!) and already I'm like WE HAVE TOO MUCH STUFF. I follow that by glaring at my boyfriend because, even though he moved in with a year ago, he still has stuff in boxes. BOXES.

    I am a little cranky about it.

    All that to say that I hope you have a stress free move and can get it all done!

    Also, about the pineapple, it has never made my mouth bleed but when I eat a lot my mouth gets very raw and hurty. So I don't think you're allergic, it's just a lot of fruit in one sitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh pineapple makes your mouth sore because of an enzyme called a protease. It eats proteins, ie, your mouth and tongue. It's totally normal, but avoid eating too much fresh pineapple all at once. (Canned and cooked pineapple should be fine.)

    Also, there is nothing wrong with freaking out about moving. I've started getting nervous and we move in July. And I'm not even pregnant. But, I am *totally* crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had fresh pineapple at the Dole Pineapple Factory in Hawaii when I was 12. I couldn't get enough of the juice and the fresh pineapple they were serving. My mouth did the SAME thing. I learned that I just can't eat too much of it because of the acidity. =(

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope the packing and the move go well, i know it's not an easy task but i hope it goes well for you guys. at least unpacking should be funnish in the new place right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never had my mouth bleed, but fresh pineapple definitely makes it hurt like a bitch.

    I'm in Saskatoon, visiting Jen Wilson and it is GORGEOUS. It has been SO sunny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's been raining on the east coast for three straight weeks. Booooo.

    My dad's allergic to pineapple and it makes his armpits itchy. Not sure about the bleeding mouth :)

    ReplyDelete