Thursday 25 February 2010

People Pushing Through Their Mittens As I Was Beginning To Feel It Soaking Through My Shoes

I woke up this morning to grey skies and rain. I got drenched on the way to work (umbrellas are for wusses! Or, you know, people who forget their umbrellas at work.) Now the sun is out and the sky is blue. I can't take this weather limbo! Either be winter or be summer. Actually, just be summer.

* * * * *

Shawn is on Twitter. His plan of going back to school was derailed by our mutual love of our dual-income lifestyle so his new plan consists of (finally) finishing his album, getting a website, and selling said album on said website. My new plan consists of making him use Twitter and Facebook to reach more people. So if you're on Twitter you should probably follow him. He's pretty funny. And he says "balls" a lot (just ask my family members; every one of them have received a birthday or holiday card at some point with a random "BALLS!" written in it by Shawn.)

* * * * *

Have you heard of the Olympic red mittens? They're kind of a big deal. I've got a pair but only because my mom snagged a bunch a few months ago.

Day 25 of my month of photos:

This statue of Robert Burns stands across from the Vancouver Rowing Club in Stanley Park. It's a little difficult to see because the photo is small, but a pair of Olympic red mittens hangs around his neck.

5 comments:

  1. oh man, not only have i heard of those mittens, i am BURNING WITH JEALOUSY that i don't have a pair. they are the epitome of adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And...his status is BALLS.

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I've seen those red mittens as I've been watching the Games, but I don't think it registered that everyone was wearing the same thing. They are pretty cool ... and hopefully really warm.

    PS - If I had a Twitter account, I'd likely follow your ballsy man. But, I don't, so I can't. Shoot me the hook-up on FB, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following thats BALLS-y man now!

    There's a lumberjack statue in Squamish, like 40 feet tall, and he's currently wearing the red mitts AND a matching toque!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome mitten picture :)

    ReplyDelete