Tuesday 8 December 2009

His Smile's Your Rope So Wrap It Tight Around Your Throat

I had a fabulous weekend, running from one thing to the next; baby kisses here, tequila shots there, with no rest in between. Instead of paring down my weekend's festivities when I started to feel overwhelmed, I added to the craziness whenever a new opportunity arose. When Shawn called at 6 on Saturday evening and said he'd been invited to play a show, I didn't tell him that I was hungover and in my pyjamas and attempting to motivate myself to do my accounting homework. I got dressed and went to the shady bar and held the video camera while simultaneously keeping a death grip on my bag because it seemed like the sort of place where muggings are not uncommon.


(The audio will not sync with the video and I cannot be arsed to sort it out. Sorry.)
(Shawn's playing the bass.)

My body protested when I forced it out into the cold on Sunday, almost as loudly as Robin protested when I forced her to attend the BlogHer Holiday party with me. I can't meet lovely, sparkly people on my own though (especially when I am hungover and so far from sparkly that I cannot even muster a single twinkle,) so she agreed to be my wingwoman. The party was lovely and everyone I spoke to was wonderful and I will definitely be returning to Tempest.

I'm paying for my fantastic weekend now, as I lie in bed dying of the Throat of Doom. I don't want to be home from work; I'm actually feeling quite twitchy as I picture the mounds of paperwork piling up. I'm determined to be better by tomorrow so I can get caught up. I'm meeting Kyla on Thursday and I'll be anxious enough about that without worrying about invoices and germs too.

13 comments:

  1. Get better soon and REST! Also, I'm very jealous you will get to meet Kyla but I'm sure you ladies will have loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be all "Oh don't worry about meeting me!" but I'm totally anxious to meet you, so I'll stick to "feel better!" =)

    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me for listening to Shawn play while I write this comment. It reconciles the messed up video/audio issues. =) BTW, he's talented, but I'm guessing you already knew that.

    Awww, Kyla is one of my favorites. I hear she is as lovely in person as she is in the blogosphere. You'll do great and make me so sad I couldn't be there, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh come now. Too much? Never. ;-) Have fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gargle! Hot salt water! At least you had a super fun weekend as your reason. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww yucky!! Grab as many Zs as you can and you'll be back to sparkling like normal in no time :) I'm jealous Kyla's meeting YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you're sick, dude. Wish I could have made it to the BlogHer event...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yuck. Feel better soon. It's bloody cold outside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, you are kidnapping Kyla with out me? That's so inconsiderate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh boo... i hope sleep & hot tea = a return to sparklage ASAP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found Kyla Roma's blog not too long ago via a comment she left on mine and it is beautiful and I think she has spirit, and from what I glean from both of your words you'll get along like firecrackers, I'd wager.

    If not, pumpkin beer rectifies all kinds of awkward shit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogger meet up can be the death of the average blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sometimes its hard to get out of your pajamas on a cold, rainy or wintry night. I used to be in a band so I know how much it meant to me when my friends would make it out to actually hang out in a crowded bar and buy overpriced drinks to just be supportive.

    sorry about your yucky throat but you made Shawn very happy.
    Kiran

    ReplyDelete