Friday 23 October 2009

Just Beat It Beat It Beat It Beat It No One Wants To Be Defeated - Take 10

So I'm all caught up on the road trip shenanigans and I haven't faffed in a while. Let's faff, shall we? We'll call this one Friday Faff: The Catch Up Edition.

* * * * *

The puppies came home the day after we arrived home from the road trip. They had been separated for a week (our families can only handle one pup each. Amateurs!) We brought Stella home first and it was adorable / heartbreaking to watch her race around the condo looking for Wolfgang. I have never seen the puppies so happy as they were when we reunited them. They practically vibrated with joy.

Wolfgang has become a bit clingy since we've been home. We've started calling him the stage five clinger (which is only funny if you've seen Wedding Crashers and if you haven't seen Wedding Crashers you probably should because it is hilarious.) He follows me from room to room, not letting me out of his sight. He has started jumping into my lap if I'm sitting at the kitchen table (which is impressive because our table is bar-height so it's quite the leap for him.) I got out of the shower yesterday and saw tiny little Wolfgang paws reaching under the bathroom door. It's funny but on the brink of becoming very annoying.

* * * * *

Turtle made me a chocolate / beet cake for my birthday. I don't have any pictures to prove it but I totally ate a giant slice of it and it's counting for my October beets. Chocolate / beet cake is not awesome (sorry, lady) because once someone tells you that it's beet cake you can totally taste the beets, but it's not as gross as it sounds. You wouldn't know about the beets if you weren't told.

* * * * *

I went out last Friday for some birthday shenanigans. Cat's birthday is the date after mine so we gathered a group of friends and went out for a civilized dinner. Which quickly turned into a not-so-civilized dinner when the pub we wanted to go to was full (a pub where I would have been drinking pumpkin beer, which means that I would have had 2 drinks because I can only manage to drink 2 pints of pumpkin beer and then I'm over it) and we ended up at a restaurant we'd never been to before and they had pitchers of cocktails on special and they had a special Pimm's cocktail on the menu and I love Pimm's and then someone started buying tequila shots. My head was very hurty the next morning. It was big fun, though. If you can't act like a drunken ass on your birthday, when can you act like a drunken ass?

* * * * *

Last weekend was birthday shenanigans and two family dinners to make up for missing Thanksgiving while we were road tripping and a massive hangover and puppy love. This weekend will be vacuuming and homework and cleaning out my closet to donate old clothes. The old lady in me is really looking forward to it.

Have a great weekend, peeps! See you Monday.

10 comments:

  1. I have an acquaintance we call a "Stage 5 Clinger". No joke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't think I could eat beet cake, chocolate or not. Once I know, it's game over. A roommate once made me hamburger helper with moose and as soon as I found out I was done eating. Never again will I have hamburger helper - moose or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any time we leave the puppies they come home to us slightly needier than they left us- and a little more mellow too!

    Love the chocolate/beet cake idea! In theory! Not to eat! lol Chocolate/zucchini yes, chocolate/beet not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated B-Day!

    Beet cake... never heard of that before... I am not sure how beets and chocolate would go together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean-- I want my cat to cuddle with me all the time, but when she does it annoys me. I just want her to want me when I want her to.

    Yes, I know-- completely impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, but if you do actually HATE beets, and you couldn't identify the beets in the cake before i told you what it was (and i did wait until she'd finished the whole piece, which she did, thus proving she didn't think it tasted like beets), then how can you possibly say it tastes like beets? also, if you are trying to picture how this cake tastes, you should know that it has 350g of dark chocolate, honey, maple syrup, powdered almonds, cocoa (i know, right? that on top of 3 and a half chocolate bars?), and so on. and two grated beets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't help but think it would make the cake a lovely shade of cranberry, like red velvet cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beet cake? That's just wrong, dude.

    Happy, happy birthday! Sorry I'm late! Or did I say so on FB?

    (I have no memory.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Pimms!! I haven't had any since I was in London back in 2004 (gawd that was a long time ago).

    Sorry but I vomited in my mouth a little when I read the words "Beat Cake."

    Hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahaa... beet cake! well played, turtle, well played :-)

    ReplyDelete