Monday 15 June 2009

Everyone You Meet They're Jamming In The Street All Night Long

I woke up Saturday feeling worse than Friday. My throat was on fire and the glands in my neck were swollen and painful. A responsible person - a grown-up - would have stayed in bed. I got gussied up and went to Cat's engagement party and proceeded to drink wine, eat approximately 4lbs of cheese, kick ass at Wii bowling (I won't lie - the only reason I kicked ass is because I thought ahead and brought yoga pants to change into for the Wii portion of the party. My flexibility and range of motion were far greater than the chumps who tried to play while all dressed up in party clothes. They won't make that mistake again, I'm sure), and play with temporary tattoos (there is a certain point in afternoon-drinking when the idea of a cute leetle fishy on your wrist seems like the Best! Idea! Ever!)

We left the party around 6:00 so we could make it back to my parents' place to pick up the puppies (we felt guilty leaving the pups alone all day and night so my parents puppysat for us. No really, we're that lame.)

Stella was not happy at us for leaving her.

We headed downtown shortly after but it was too late; the meet-up was already over. I was really disappointed that I missed the opportunity to hang out with some Vancouver bloggers (if you went, how was it?)

Robin and I met up with Shawn and the guys, one of whom is leaving this week to go to the UK for a few months.

We had to send him off with a proper goodbye.

We ended up in a club with red walls and a pulsating drum beat and many silver beads and birdcages hanging from the ceiling; where the average age of the other patrons hovered slightly above 19 years old. One of the guys bought an overpriced bottle of vodka that gained us entry to the VIP section. Our group of eight huddled around our one table, trying to spread out on the banquettes without having to pay for another table, and had sloppy conversations about Vancouver and how we miss each other and how much we love each other and how Shawn and I need to move back downtown.

I love sloppy conversations. Especially when they involve my single guy friends trying to convince me to put in a good word for them with Robin (oh and Robin? The dude who's house we started the night at? Is totally going to ask you out. Sorry.)

Shawn and I ended our night with poutine at Fritz and then fell asleep in the cab.

I was hurting yesterday morning but multiple mugs of hot tea brought me back to life.

How was your weekend?

9 comments:

  1. Can I just take a moment to say: YOU ARE SO UNSPEAKABLY CUTE I CAN'T HANDLE IT!

    *ahem*

    It also looks like you had an awesome weekend- good luck with planning the move to the downtown again! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should not be able to look that cute while feeling sick. i can't look that cute at my BEST. HARUMPH.

    but sounds like a good weekend. perhaps my problem is that i need more tea?? i shall investigate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you gave me the backstory on the drunk BB email I got from you that night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great weekend! I'm sorry to have missed you at the meetup though. I went... didn't make it to the cocktails portion but I was there for coffee with Angella and Arieanna and all sorts of other lovely ladies, I met a few great girls I'd never heard of before and have new blogs to follow now. Maybe we'll meet up at another one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Hillary, may I just say if I looked as good as you do when I'm NOT sick, then well I'd look good!

    Glad you had so much fun lady!! And you and Shawn are just so adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhh Hilllllary. I am SO glad to hear that was a temporary tattoo. So glad. Sooo Glad. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were missed, my dear. But it sounds as though you fared OK ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo's, you're so cute! And sounds like a blast of a weekend. And drunk poutine is always a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My weekend was great, but not nearly as fun as yours!

    ReplyDelete