Wednesday 2 January 2008

Feel No Shame For What You Are, Feel It As A Waterfall


My Happy New Year post is a day late. I've already broken my resolution to stop procrastinating. Fabulous. I blame this entirely on S, who (at 10pm on New Year's Eve) decided that we should get out of our pyjamas, tear ourselves away from the fireplace, and head downtown for some New Year's Eve festivities. Not that I wasn't a willing participant, it's just that it's so much easier to blame a raging hangover on someone else, rather than take responsibility for one's own actions. New Year's Eve was fun and boozy and included everything New Year's Eve should (good friends, loud music, copious amounts of gin, glitter! tiaras! top hats! oh my!)

Which brings us to New Year's Day. A day for resolutions. I am not so good at resolutions, having very little will power and not a modicum of self-discipline. I have had very little success with New Year's resolutions in the past but this year will be different (*sigh* where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, last year. Crap.) This year I will wear mascara every work day because that is what grown-ups do. I will lose 10 pounds, not by dieting (because of the no will power + no self-discipline problem) but by eating less crap. My sweet tooth is out of control; 2008 will be the year that I conquer it. Not quite sure how I'll manage that but I'm thinking that a too-small wedding dress will help to motivate me. As for the less shallow resolutions, this year I resolve to be more patient, less moody and try to be more of an optimist. I have serious doubts about my ability to be more optimistic, but hey - go big or go home.
And now I will try to redeem my procrastination resolution and crack open a textbook. I am supposed to write an exam this month for a course I started last fall. I'm on module 2 of 10. Here's hoping that my course extension comes through.

1 comment:

  1. oooh be careful with the "too small wedding dress" - i have friends who've tried to do that but frankly there was so much stuff going on before the wedding they had to pay a lot of money to get it taken out. lol... regarding being more patient, that's mine too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete