Friday 7 December 2007

Forget About Your House of Cards and I'll Do Mine

We have hot water again but I refuse to celebrate. Instead, I'm anxiously awaiting the next cold shower. After the last hot water tank mishap, we were assured that everything was fixed, everything was working and we had nothing to worry about. So we didn't worry. I won't fall into that trap again. As of right now, we are on hot water tank #2 and hot water tank breaker #2. Everything is new and shiny. In theory, we should have hot water for the foreseeable future.

On top of having hot water, we also seem to have sorted out the lien issue. I don't want to say it's resolved because I'm sure I'll jinx it, but we are on the right track. Our lawyer assures us that it's nothing we have to worry about - he will sort it out with the seller's lawyer and let us know when it's settled.

I'm trying to not freak out about all these little issues but I'm not doing a good job of it. I didn't think that owning our own place would be so much work. Today is exactly 1 month since we took possession and it feels like we haven't had time to enjoy it yet.

In other weekend news, if you get exfoliator in your eye, it's not a good idea to then rub it. It won't get the exfoliator out, it will just exfoliate your eyeball. Exfoliating your eyeball hurts like a mofo, just in case you're wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment